Adoption Country Information
Intercountry adoptions are governed by both the laws of the child’s home country and the laws of the United States .  In fact, when adopting you must comply with three different sets of laws:  U.S. federal law, the laws of the child’s country of birth, and the laws of your U.S. state of residence.   Learn about the U.S. requirements for intercountry adoption in the About Adoption tab of this website.

To help you navigate the adoption process in a specific country, we offer Country Information.  For each country, this Country Information describes whether a country is party to the Hague Adoption Convention.  It names a country’s adoption authority and describes the eligibility requirements for prospective adoptive parents and for children to be adopted.  In addition, the Country Information offers key contact information, information about the role of the court and adoption agencies, as well as adoption statistics.

Note:  We are in the process of finalizing Country Information for all countries.  If the country from which you are considering adopting is not currently listed, please check back soon or contact our office for more information.

We also recommend paying attention to our Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts before traveling.  Travel Warnings are issued when the State Department recommends that Americans avoid a certain country.  We issue Travel Alerts to disseminate information quickly about terrorist threats and other relatively short-term conditions that pose significant risks or disruptions to Americans.

The Department of State provides additional Background Notes on every country in the world.  The Background Notes include facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of each country.

International Adoption

Uzbekistan
Venezuela
Vietnam
Zambia
Zimbabwe

How to Adopt

Intercountry adoptions are governed by both the laws of the child’s home country and the laws of the United States.  In fact, when adopting you must comply with three different sets of laws:  U.S. federal law, the laws of the child’s country of birth, and the laws of your U.S. state of residence.

The time it takes to adopt a child from another country and bring that child to the United States varies widely.   Generally intercountry adoption takes 1-4 years, though it can take longer.  The length of time depends on a number of factors, including the country’s procedures, the agency’s process, the U.S. immigration process, and the specific circumstances of the adoption.

The cost of adoption services for intercountry adoption also varies widely from case to case.   Many Adoption services can cost as much as $30,000 per case.  An adoption agency should specify all expected costs that would be associated with your adoption before you sign an adoption services contract with that agency.   (This is required by federal law if you are adopting from a Convention country.)

Hague Adoption Convention
The United States is part of an important treaty on intercountry adoption called the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention).  The treaty governs adoptions between the United States and approximately 75 other countries.  The process of adopting a child from a Convention country differs in several key ways from adoption a child from a country not party to the Convention.

Support During the Process
Adopting a child from abroad takes patience and determination.  Not only is the intercountry adoption process complex, but unexpected complications may arise. Because the process can take so long, finding emotional support during this time can be helpful.  You may also find it beneficial to consult with other parents or support groups about issues and concerns associated with adoption.

Comments on this Adopt                                                     page 47 of 633
Click here to add a comment
JamesEmogy
Posted 182 days ago
Mariota said he would wear a brace if he must. He also said his chances of playing against the Atlanta Falcons are pretty good, and he's keeping up with treatment and preparing as if he will start his sixth NFL game.
"We practice fantastic when we have football gear on," Arians said. "It was a great start to the week."
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) 鈥?The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed five players who participated in last week's two-day rookie minicamp.
Griffin was hurt early in the second quarter of Washington's 21-17 exhibition victory over the Detroit Lions when he fumbled the ball without contact while scrambling, then got landed on by defensive end Corey Wooton.
"It's kind of an ideal situation," Daniels said.
The Broncos are in a conundrum with their spe [beep] ts.
games with progressive scan ps2
Posted 182 days ago
Hey there I am so happy I found your web site, I really found
you by error, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else,
Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and
a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have
time to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so
when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic job. http://www.magnoliaplace.net/__media__/j s/netsoltrademark.php?d=www.parrish-hare .net%2F__media__%2Fjs%2Fnetsoltrademark. php%3Fd%3Dkasino.vin%2Fdownloads%2F70-do wnload-lpe88&amp
play8oy android download
Posted 183 days ago
High traffic doesn't seem possible if internet hosting cannot provide
enough data. Earlier short content used to go to but today
length for this content matters a very good deal. https://918kiss.bid/downloads/217-downlo ad-playboy
lpe88 apk
Posted 183 days ago
This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader
amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost
moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!)
Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool! https://kasino.vin/home/lpe888/52-lpe88- lucky-palace-casino
scr 888
Posted 183 days ago
Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot
of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot
me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Wonderful blog by the way! https://918.network/casino-games/72-918k iss-scr888
ace333 slot
Posted 183 days ago
Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem
to get there! Appreciate it https://918.network/downloads/89-ace333
ntc33
Posted 183 days ago
Hi I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something
else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a remarkable
post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at the moment
but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so
when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
keep up the great job. http://unpaidovertime.net/__media__/js/n etsoltrademark.php?d=918.network%2Fcasin o-games%2F69-ntc33-newton-casino
lpe88 download android
Posted 183 days ago
I always used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of
internet thus from now I am using net for articles, thanks to web. https://918.network/downloads/84-lpe88
live22 download
Posted 183 days ago
Yes! Finally something about v live gap la chien 22. https://918.network/downloads/85-downloa d-live22
JamesEmogy
Posted 184 days ago
Arians said he told Bowles, "Next week, when you're preparing for the game, set aside a time that you want to pick a team or which teams you want to talk to."
Investigators did find keys to an SUV Hernandez rented in Lloyd's pocket.
"He's a dynamic player," said tight end Rob Gronkowski, adding his voice to the chorus of praise for Lewis. "The dude is unreal with the way he can move. I don't know if anyone else can move like that. The way he can cut. He's great to have on the team."
But the reigning conference champs see a challenge waiting in the NFC West.
If he doesn't prove he deserved it quickly, he'll hear plenty about it.
Brees and the Saints rarely had the right plays against Philadelphia. Brees had three turnovers and New Orleans failed to put away the Eagles after two early red-zone interceptions in a 39-17 loss on Sunday.